Monday, November 30, 2009

somebody thinks he is a big boy!

So remember how I have been complaining that Charlie doesn't want to eat his pureed fruits? Well, apparently Charlie doesn't want to eat pureed ANYTHING! Last week, he started refusing any and all baby food spoon fed to him. This is so very frustrating to me... My solution: try the finger foods! He LOVES to feed him self. Last week I gave him Lucky Charms (minus the marshmallows) and he loved it! (sidebar: I am well aware of the sugar content of lucky charms, however not being prepared to serve my 8 month old finger foods yet, that was all I had. I have since picked up the biggest box of cheerios I could find!)

So we also gave him Thanksgiving dinner too!! I am not sure how much of it he actually swallowed, but here he is chowing on some turkey:

Other things he has had:
-Cheese
-Crackers (wheat thins and Ritz)
-Chicken cubes
-Mashed potatoes (not sure if actually ate this but I gave it to him)
-Cheerios
-fresh banana
-fresh (well ripened) pear
-Turkey hot dogs
-whole (cut up) green beans

W was able to spoon feed some squash to him today..not much, but some. His favorite foods are anything that is crunchy. He is not so much a fan of the soft mushy things (like bananas..what kid doesn't like bananas???), but we keep trying. We will keep trying the pureed stuff too until he gets better at the finger foods and not choking!

He also has made great progress on crawling! Ok, well actually he is army crawling!! But, only if he really really wants something..like daddy's phone! He did it a little bit last night, but when I moved the object (in this case a combination lock) out of his reach again, he cried at me. He apparently does not like to be teased. ;)

There is not much else changing with him. He is just growing and getting big like a normal baby. No one would ever know he was a preemie. Wait, have I said that before? Sorry about that...

Wedding plans are coming along. W is trying to thwart my 'special day' by getting the oil changed on my car since it is my only day off and it needs to get done. oh well..I'll try not to think about it. But otherwise...my Mom is handling most of the food prep since she just so happens to be off work next week. And then I just have to clean the house. Not sure when I am going to get this done but it will happen. We have acquired a few guests that will be joining us at the courthouse on Friday. Some are special people that we want there, others are just coming along for the fun of it!! I have my dress (not a wedding gown though), I have my rings, and we just need to get W a ring. Sister-in-law D is going to do something nice with my hair on Saturday. So I think we are set. I haven't really put to much effort in so far, but I think I better get my butt in gear! It's less than two weeks away!

1 comment: