Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Year ago..

Well, since I didn't post a 'birthday' post, I thought I would a do a 'one year ago' post! So, here goes:

One year ago W and I were finally able to bring this little teeny tiny thing home:



He spent 8 whole days in the NICU. It is by far the most emotional time of my life. I still to this very day get choked up about it. I guess you could say that I was in a bit of shock that it was happening to us!

After delivering Charles via emergency c-section on Sunday March 15, I was discharged that Wednesday. To say I was emotional is an understatement. I tried soooo hard to convince the nurses, the doctors, and myself that he would be ok if he came home with me...little did I know that he would actually end up with a feeding tube in the coming days!

It was actually quite a surprise to walk into the NICU on Monday morning and see that Charles no longer had the feeding tube...and an even greater surprise that he in process of being DISCHARGED!!!! Woo hoo...what a great day!

And now?? I have a 23.5lb, 30 in. ONE YEAR OLD!! We love him to death..he rules our world! I can't imagine my life without him. He makes me smile. Every. Day.


1 comment: