Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time to get serious!

So I've really been trying to get back into running regulary and getting my stamina and speed back. It hasn't been going the greatest for me. My heart rate escalates to the 190's if I go any faster than an 11 minute mile. It frustrates me and then I take a break..usually for two weeks.

BUT..I really want to get back into it. So I am running a half marathon. I missed the first two weeks of training and now only have 10 weeks to get ready. My first goal is just to finish at this point. When I was at my best, my goal was to finish in under 2 hours. This year it will be to finish in 2-2.5 hours. I think I can do it..

I am also registering for two other small races in the coming weeks..a 5K on April 3 and a 10K on April 25th.

Time to get serious about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment