Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The FEAR of God

Yep, I had the fear of God put into me. The whole MRSA thing really threw me for a loop. I could have dealt any run of the mill infection, but MRSA scares the living sh*t out of me! Well, turns out there is NOTHING that can be done to stop, or prevent anyone (including Charlie) from getting this new super bug MRSA.

We went for our follow up today after getting the MRSA diagnosis...His spots are gone and the Med student and the Dr both confirmed that the Bactrim Charlie is on will take care of the MRSA. I still really really like the NP, but she really did put the fear of god in me! Dr P told us we should do 'normal' things...So we are out of the self imposed 'quarantine' :). I have already been out to my sister's, FIL's and tomorrow we are going to see a good friend! This does not mean, however, that we will be going to malls, restaurants, stores, etc. We don't want to get carried away in other germ infested places!!

Oh and I freely admit that I may have over reacted. It has just been a hard road to get Charlie to the point he is now..through a tough pregnancy, a NICU stay, and trouble eating...I just don't want to take any chances. I have never been and hopefully never will be a germ-phobe. In fact I fully believe that exposing a child to germs helps build immunities, BUT..we don't need to expose a 'weak' vulnerable teeny tiny baby to these things just yet. A few more pounds and we'll be good.

Speaking of a few more pounds: Charlie got weighed today!! 6lbs 8ozs!! He is up 10oz from last week!! And up to eating 65ml per feeding (he ate 43 when we came home two weeks ago)!! He'll be big before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't wait to hear from you guys... I'm happy he is better now.

    Wow 6.8 pounds... Go Charlie, Go! ... Job well done Mom.

    ReplyDelete